Hotmail Login: Email is an information and communications technology. It uses technology to communicate a digital message over the internet. Early email was just a small advance on what we know these days as a file directory- it just puts a message in another user’s directory in a spot where they could see it when they logged in. Simple as that. Just like leaving a note on someone’s desk.
Hotmail was started back in 1996 and was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith and later acquired by Microsoft in 1997 for an estimated $400 million US$ and launched as MSN Hotmail and later rebranded as Windows Live Hotmail and now in 2013 as – ‘Outlook’
Hotmail sign in is one of the most popular free online email services, provided by Microsoft. It is great way tokeep up with your email, instant messaging, Xbox LIVE, and other Microsoft services. Users can access Hotmail from a web browser anywhere in the world. It was one of the world’s first webmail services and also one of the largest. The final version of Hotmail.com was released on October 2011 which was available in 36 languages but it got replaced by outlook.com in 2013 and by 2014 it had 400 million active users. Hotmail has gone through a number of changes over the last decade and many new features have been added and now provides users with a variety of options including audio players, organization tools, and spam filtering.
Important features of Hotmail.com Service:
- There is a feature in which you can access free Microsoft office web apps to view, edit and share office documents without downloading it on your computer.
- If you and your friend want to work on a same document at the same time you can do it in the new Hotmail. You can also instantly check the changes made by the other person.
- You can also edit and reply a particular message. Normally you would download the whole message and then edit it and then send it right? But not in Hotmail. This process saves a lot of time.
- You can also send huge files up to 10 GB in one single mail!
- To search mails effectively, Hotmail login has included search auto-complete feature. You just type a few letters and it suggests you various helpful terms.
- Some nice one click filters have been introduced in the new version of Hotmail allows you to filter emails with social updates, emails from regular contacts and from groups easily.
- It removes spam. Hotmail divides spam mails in two categories, “spam” and “grey mail” (marketing promotions). It works on the user interaction with the email. If user regularly puts an email in trash without reading it then www.hotmail.com comes to know that the particular kind of mails is in the grey mail category and it blocks them in the future. How cool is that?
Overall Hotmail definitely looks promising. Some of the features are innovative and do not exist in other email tools including Gmail.
Like other email services it promises to respect user’s privacy, specifically targeting Gmail’s privacy practices. It has some similar features to Gmail. The only difference is that Hotmail and Gmail belong to different companies and that Hotmail sign in is the free web based email service of Microsoft while Gmail is the free web based service being provided by Google.
Even though there are many good features on Hotmail Gmail seems to be more preferred.
How To Create a Hotmail Account:
- First go to the Hotmail website: www.hotmail.com. There you’ll be given an option to either log in or signin(create an account).If you already have an account you can click on log in and enter your details but if you don’t have an account then you click on sign up.
- Then fill out your personal information. This is the easy part: name, age, gender, etc. Also enter a unique name and make sure @hotmail.com is selected. Note: you can also use existing email address if you want.
- Create a password. It should have at least 8 characters and if you want to increase your security add numbers as well.
- Fill out your contact information. In case you lose your password or forget it you can enter your phone number so that you can change your password to a new one. However you can also select a security question from the options below.
- Pick a country and enter your zip code.
- To make sure you are not a robot they ask you to enter one of those garbled Captcha lines before you move to the next step. Now all you have to do is accept the user agreements and you get your account.
- Now to check if your account exists log into your email account, visit the Hotmail website again and log into the account you just created.
Like most email services, the biggest advantage of using Hotmail is that you can have instant conversation with your friends, family or businesses across the globe. It is simple to use, every page has instructions as to what everything means and how to use everything. It is free and has plenty of storage.
There are certain disadvantages but they are very few. One of them are that even though you are able to block users from contacting you, you have no control over who adds you. One more disadvantage is that you cannot forward e-mail from Hotmail to your off-line account. But still the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
However the bottom line using Hotmail login comes down to personal preference. People prefer different services for different reasons. Each one of us have a favorite. For some it’ll be Gmail, for some yahoo and for some Hotmail.